My Job

Let me tell you about my job. The dreadfully long hours...the usually thankless clientele...let's not even talk about the pay.  You would think that I was lamenting about the job I left to be a SAHM (Stay-At-Home-Mom), but actually - and it’s difficult for me to admit this - it’s the opposite.  Staying at home with my children is a blessing beyond any other.  I am thankful everyday for this privilege and it is a privilege.  But the truth is staying at home with my kids is, well I’ll just say it ...HARD.  I had no idea how much time and effort it would take to feed, bathe, clothe and care for two small children.  I actually thought that when I left my full time teaching job that my life would magically become easier...that I would have time to ...I don’t know, maybe relax in the tub once in awhile.  Ha!  Little did I know that I actually have a lot to learn about what it means to be a SAHM.  I invite you to discover with me as I embark on this new, exciting adventure where I hope to learn how to survive this demanding, exhausting, yet beautiful journey we call motherhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! It is always nice to hear what you have to say.